How we post our items?
We use Courier Post, overnight delivery service. If an order is placed before 3pm, most likely we will be able to get it sent off to you that day*.
*Exceptions to these:
- If it is for a future date
- If the item isn't ready to be sent off, it could be due to waiting for it to arrive back from the previous customer, alterations, dry cleaning, but are not limited to these.
CourierPost does not give a guarantee that the item will arrive overnight, it is more of a guideline. Your tracking link will be sent to you when we have shipped it off, we strongly suggest you keep an eye on the parcel.
Overnight delivery - If you live at a standard address (an address that is not rural), your order applies to our overnight shipping service. *Please bear in mind we do have cut offs for this service if you are booking a rental the same week you are placing your order - Our cut off chart is below.
Rural delivery - If your address is rural, please make sure you select for the rural delivery option. This gives us notice that we need to ship your item off as soon as we can. If this option is not selected at shipping, and it does not arrive on time, we are not held accountable. Rural delivery usually takes between 1-3 working days, even if it is shipped overnight (which we do).
Saturday delivery - If an order is placed after 3pm Wednesday for the current week, please make sure you select for Saturday delivery. Without this extra tag, it will not get delivered on time. This is at your own risk, we do not issue out refunds if the item does not arrive on time due to the late nature of the order.
My order has been shipped, what next?
To track your item please click the tracking link on your email. You will always been sent a tracking number. Please monitor your tracking details closely.
You can also enter your tracking details here: https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/tracking
Delays with your order?Unfortunately we cannot speed up orders once they have been collected by our local New Zealand Post courier driver. Please contact the team at New Zealand Post for more information regarding your parcel - The New Zealand Post contact phone number is 0800 501 501.
Please also get in contact with us to let us know if your rental is delayed as we can offer you some advice.
I have lost my return postal bag, what do I do?
If you have lost your return postal bag you MUST get in contact with us. We will send you the return shipping label that would have been on your return parcel - You will need to have access to a printer.
Should you not have access to a printer you will still need to get in contact with us to notify our team that you will not be using the return shipping label that was provided with your rental. You will need to send your finished rental back to: Thread Rentals, 6H Henderson Place, Onehunga, Auckland, 1061 via OVERNIGHT SHIPPING, and you will need to forward the new tracking details through to us so we can keep up to date with the garments return. Should you not pay for overnight shipping, you will be liable for late fees, and any rentals we must cancel.
If I am needing my rental the same week that I am placing my order which shipping option to I select?
Your need-to-know from the chart above:
Overnight shipping for Friday and Saturday orders (If needed for the current week):
- If you are placing an order and need it to arrive with you for your event on a Friday or Saturday (if you are needing the garment for the same week you are placing your order this applies to you). Cut off for Friday and Saturday orders is 3pm Wednesday for overnight shipping. Any orders placed after this time are at your own risk, and we unfortunately can not guarantee your order will arrive with you in time for your event if your order is placed after 3pm Wednesday. - We aim to send out our orders for the current week by Wednesday, this gives us enough time to ensure you rental reaches you in time for your event (If the rental was needed for the current week). We factor in 1-2 for postal delays, so we aim to have our orders sent out (orders needed for the current week) by Wednesday at the latest. Sometimes this isn't possible, and if this is the case, we will be in contact with our customer and work out a solution - This may include us swapping over your order to something else, or sending out your order on Thursday with a Saturday Delivery ticket attached to the parcel (If Saturday Delivery is required due to us not being able to send out your order to you by Wednesday, and your order was place before 3pm Wednesday, the Saturday Delivery ticket will come at a cost to us. You will not be expected to pay an additional fee for this).
Picking between overnight shipping & Saturday delivery for a rental you plan to wear to a Saturday event (Orders placed between 3pm Wednesday & 3pm Thursday and are needed for the current week):
- If you are planning to rent an outfit for an event that falls on a Saturday, and are placing your order between 3:01pm Wednesday and 3pm Thursday, and are not sure which postage option to select we recommend selecting the Saturday Delivery postal option at check. This gives New Zealand Post an extra day to process your order, and your rental is more likely to arrive with you in time for your event.
- If your order was placed after 3pm Wednesday (for a rental that was needed for the current week), and it does not arrive to you on time, we do not issue out refunds, only store credit vouchers, minus shipping costs. This is due to the late nature of the order, and not giving us enough time to factor in potential postal delays.
When to select Saturday delivery on your order (if needed for the current week):
- If an order is placed after 3pm Thursday for the current week, please make sure you select for Saturday delivery. Without this extra tag, it will not get delivered on time. This is at your own risk, we do not issue out refunds if the item does not arrive on time due to the late nature of the order.
When to select overnight shipping on your order (for rural orders needed the same week you are placing your order):
- If you are placing an order and require rural shipping on your order you will need to ensure your order is placed before 3pm Tuesday (if your order is needed the same week you are placing your order). This is because rural postage usually takes 2-3 days for an item to reach you. In some instances rural parcels are delivered overnight, but this is not always the case. We recommend having your order placed by Monday to help our team at TR get your order sent off to you as quickly as possible.
- If your order was placed after 3pm Tuesday (for a rental that was needed for the current week), and it does not arrive to you on time, we do not issue out refunds, only store credit vouchers, minus shipping costs. This is due to the late nature of the order, and not giving us enough time to factor in potential postal delays.
If you have placed your order in advance the above chart does not apply to you.